clear clear clear
Inner Style clear clear Bio clear Blog clear Shop clear Real Girls
clear
Contact / Book Jess clear Programs clear Team Jess clear Home
clear
clear
  Grey Corner Graphic
 

March 26, 2007

Creating Possibilities

Sorry I haven't written in a few days....I was entrenched all weekend in a course called Landmark Education. I will be posting a lot about my experiences at Landmark becuase they are truly nothing short of life changing. What I discovered this weekend taking the advanced course is that we all have access to creating the possibility of an extraordinary life. And that for me, even though I am out there in the world doing many things I love, there is still an opportunity for me to step my game up a notch and really be authentic and powerful in all areas of my life.

Sometimes we can get caught up in the feeling of being powerless in our lives. We pretend every one else has control but us. That leaves us feeling miserable and incomplete and then we go out searching for anything and everything that will fill us up. That is the trick. There is nothing out "there". It is all created. Within.

To give you an example of the work and my transformation - let me share with you something I discovered this weekend. We all tell a "story" in our life - some people's stories are "I am not good enough", "No one loves me", "I can't trust anyone", "I am stupid", etc. And the origin of these stories come from something that happened. More specifically a moment of failure. So for instance, when I was in 4th grade I got an "F" on my math test. It was my first "F". Before that I was a straight "A" student. The story I made up from what happened was "I am a failue and I need to be perfect!"

Let's look at it again:

I am 11 years old. I get an "F" on my test in math.
I make up that I am a failure and need to be perfect.

From that "story" I create a life of perfection. Everything in my mind must be perfect and everyone must approve of what I am doing. That played out in the eating disorders I experienced and the elements of the life I have been leading until now. We all have more than one story and one incident. But this is an example of how our "stories" control our lives.
All that happened was I got an "F" - the meaning I gave it and the story I told myself as an 11 year old about my life - has actually impacted me as a 33 year old adult! How crazy is that??

How many of you are still being guided in your life by "stories" you created when you were 8,9 , 10 years old? It sounds silly but freeing doesn't it? And there is no "right" or "wrong" here - you weren't bad or good for creating those storiees. Neither was I. That was just how I dealt with what happened. And what causes us so much misery in our lives is when we collapse what happened with the "story" of what happened.

So for me to have access to this education and distinguish these differences is empowering because I am letting the story go from life and I am instead creating the possibility of being authentic. Which means I can make mistakes, I can fail, and I can create again. For me, it is nothing short of a miracle to experience that kind of internal freedom.

And this is just one small distinction I received about my life through this work. It is a bit more challenging to write down -- it's best shared in a conversation -- but I wanted to at least share a little of my experience with you here on the blog.

So I challenge you to think of the "stories" in your life that may be keeping you in a place of disempowerment. And as we continue to have a conversation on this blog -- we can explore the ways to create new possibilities in our lives. We are the creators of our own reality!

And if you want more info on Landmark courses you can check out www.landmarkeducation.com

Have a beautiful day!!

Jess

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Landmark is a very controversial group that has nothing to do really with education or business
See this link before you let them mess with your mind or your business.
http://www.rickross.com/groups/landmark.html

I noticed the last few days many posts/blogs like this.
This is just a sub-rosa campaign to get an interest going.
It is really a part of LE’s lack of full disclosure.
Pretty much in truth spam

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
     
clear clear clear