clear clear clear
Inner Style clear clear Bio clear Blog clear Shop clear Real Girls
clear
Contact / Book Jess clear Programs clear Team Jess clear Home
clear
clear
  Grey Corner Graphic
 

April 27, 2007

Quick Update

Hey Everybody,


Hope this finds you happy and taking action!!
It’s been such a busy month for me traveling around the world, and I’m not done yet! I’m off to Washington, DC next for a CosmoGirl event this weekend. And, while I’m out there, I’ll be participating in Lobby Day to support The Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC). Over 75 people who have been impacted by eating disorders are going to gather on Capital Hill and have individual lobbying meetings with their representatives to help send the message that eating disorders are a serious mental health issue and we NEED funding in our schools and hospitals to treat this issue and make treatment affordable for everyone. If you are interested in joining our lobbying efforts in the future – please go to www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org!

After DC, I’m going to head over to New Jersey for another great CosmoGirl event. And, while I’m there, I’ll be participating in a For the Recovery and End of Eating Disorders (F.R.E.E.D) event. The F.R.E.E.D foundation is an amazing organization run by my friend Gail Schoenbach – and is dedicated to helping individuals and families afford treatment. As anyone who has been involved with the issue of eating disorders knows…it can be quite expensive to get the treatment you need, so Gail’s organization is a non-profit aimed at helping take the financial pressure off those who are seeking help. To learn more about F.R.E.E.D go to www.freedfoundation.org and if you are in the New Jersey area there is still time to come to the F.R.E.E.D fundraiser on Monday May 7th!

I feel blessed that I have the chance to see so many wonderful places and touch the lives of people along the way! And you can do your part, too – make sure you sign up for our Actionist newsletter to stay connected and stay in action!

I’ll be in touch soon my friends. Stay spirited in the mean time!


Love & Light,
Jess

1 Comments:

Blogger UKYankee said...

Please let me know the next time you hop the pond...I'd love to have you come to our school to talk...we have a great budget for such things!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
     
clear clear clear