clear clear clear
Inner Style clear clear Bio clear Blog clear Shop clear Real Girls
clear
Contact / Book Jess clear Programs clear Team Jess clear Home
clear
clear
  Grey Corner Graphic
 

May 09, 2007

I'm Baaaaack

It's ridiculous how lazy I can be with this blog sometimes.
I totally realize that writing every day or every other day is the whole point of keeping a blog.
I am so sorry and I promise to work on being better with communicating through these pages....

A quick update:

- I just returned from a 2 week journey back east where I was lobbying in DC for Eating Disorders legislation and it was nothing short of AWESOME!! Check out www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org -- if you care about the issue of eating disorders and want to see more money for treatment, research, and support for those who are struggling with this issue - join our friends and family council at the EDC and join us for the next lobby day in September!

- Our CosmoGirl! Mall tour was a smashing success! We'll be posting pix from each city soon and in the meantime, we'll be starting another Body/Soul Challenge this September in CosmoGirl! - so take a peek and join the challenge!

- Tell everyone you know to sign up for our Actionist Newsletter - we'll be announcing some fantastic news shortly and we will need all of you to begin spreading the word. Being Actionists means taking action in your everyday lives -- and many of you keep asking for ways to get involved....we're gonna tell you how to make an impact on the beauty and entertainment industry...soon!

- Make sure you take our with Jess survey on the website - it's your chance to speak your mind on the media, body image, plastic surgery, and the beauty industry!

Mother's Day is this weekend and I'd love to hear from all of you - what is the greatest lesson you've learned from your mother or grandmother/guardian? Let's celebrate the women in our lives that lead the way!!!

Big hugs,
Jess

2 Comments:

Blogger this business of words said...

Glad to hear that all went well and that you traveled safely!

12:36 PM  
Blogger UKYankee said...

I learned a few things from my mom in a hard way...she never used to do much in the way of communicating who she thought. She might, if we were lucky, write us a letter and leave it in our rooms. She was so afraid of confronting things, that she even did this when she moved out of the house and divorced my dad. She just left a letter, shocking dear old dad. So I learned to confront things. To say what I felt. Even if it made me or someone else uncomfortable. It doesn't always happen, but at least I do better than my mom. And she's learned from me and her experiences - she now is more likely to speak out. It's okay to be a girl and to not always be 'nice'.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
     
clear clear clear